The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to it. The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and support the role that the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission plays.
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) holds, and the way we handle that information
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au), and
- enhance the transparency of The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au)
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. We have addressed how we manage the personal information of customers, employees and suppliers separately below.
We have used a ‘layered policy’ format with click through links to help you find the information you want faster. Please read below to find out more
The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how their information is used. Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
What information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes, we will seek your agreement beforehand. The kind of personal information we collect can include: Your first name, middle name/s, surname, shipping information, residential address, telephone number. In the future we may collect further information including name, contact details, location, demographic information like gender, age, relationship status and so on, products you are interested in, where you shop, what you buy, who you shop for, where else you like to shop, what loyalty programs you belong to.
How we collect information
As much as possible we collect information directly from our customers. We do this in a number of ways, including when you:
- provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets;
- fill out application forms; or
- submit your personal details through our website.
- To improve our customer service, and overall shopping experience
Using personal information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and to offer an ever improving quality range of amazing products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts;
- Enable our third party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- Combine or compile with publicly available information for the processing or creation of marketing offers and information;
- Personalising our customers shopping experience, including, where appropriate, identifying individuals;
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls and responding to queries and complaints;
- Fraud prevention, including services regarding the protection of our customers’ information, eg. credit card information;
- Develop and expand our operations to better suit our customers’ needs, such as planning for future store locations;
- Maintaining and keeping our customers information current and as accurate as possible;
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies
- Our service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, advertising and marketing service providers, out-sourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors; and
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
Email and SMS subscription lists
When you make a purchase with The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au), and use this account to make purchases from the The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) website and The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) mobile apps, some of your personal information (being your email address and/ or contact phone number) will be provided to The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) delivery carrier. This information is used by the carrier to send you updates on the status of your deliveries from The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au). You will also be opted into our marketing list.
You have the ability to opt out of these communications directly from the messages you receive.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent.
Your Privacy Choices
Where feasible, you can interact with The Essential Utensil (www.essentialutensil.com.au) anonymously or using a pseudonym. This will mean that there are some products and services that you will not be able to enjoy. These include online shopping and better access to product offers likely to be of a more direct interest to you personally.
You can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you are listed on one or more of our Direct Marketing email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options contained in our emails.